Volunteers play an important role in planning and executing Cycle for Shelter. We couldn't do it without you! You can make a big difference without ever riding a bicycle! If you or your group would like to volunteer this year, please sign up today.
We encourage our volunteers to set up personal fundraising pages. Your family and friends will be delighted to support your involvement in the Cycle for Shelter and will feel great giving to an organization that helps homeless families and individuals rebuild their lives!
Here are some examples of volunteer assignments for this year's event.
Note: Some volunteer assignments are completed before or after the actual day of the event. If you would like to inquire on the volunteer roles listed, please contact Denise Arnold, Volunteer Manager at 978-377-0639 or at email@example.com.
Sample Volunteer Assignments Include:
- Preparing registration packets
- Filling give-away bags
- Shopping for the event
- Posting route signs
- Distributing rest-stop supplies
- Staffing the rest-stops; giving out refreshments, cheering the riders on, directing them at tricky intersections
- Patrolling 3 routes and offering support
- Rider check in from 5:00am - 9:30am
- Lead warm up exercises at each start: 7am, 8am, 9am
- Set-up at the college-canopies, table, chairs, signage
- Distributing goodie bags
- Selling event jerseys
- Staffing the information table throughout the day
- Helping at the Food Tent
- Cheering at the finish line
- Checking in riders when they return; 11:30am- 5:00pm
- Photography of the event
- Clean up at the college
- Unloading, cleaning and storing items for next year
- Making thank you calls
- Taking signs down on Sunday evening or Monday after event
- Event Runners on day of the event
- Volunteer Group - Start Line (7am - 10:00am)